Thursday 11 August 2016

Long Coats FTW








Wearing: 'Felt Trench Coat' by Bardot (purchased from Revolve), 'California Recycled Tee' by One Teaspoon, 'Fairleigh High Waist Mom Jeans' by Asos, 'Superstar Vulc' shoes by Adidas x AllTimers (purchased from 'Fast Times'), 'Shadow' Sunglasses by Celine Paris (purchased from Another Love)

I am not a winter person - that is no secret. I do, however, love winter dressing and the excuse to add to my ever-increasing collection of jackets, knits and coats. Later this year I will be taking a trip to experience the European Winter, which was all the ammunition I needed to purchase some really amazing outerwear this season!

I've always been strangely intimidated by super long coats, but this winter decided to take a plunge and purchase this one by Bardot from Revolve, which was an absolutely amazing decision because i LOVE it. The great thing as an Australian purchasing from overseas online retailers like Revolve is that you get to take advantage of end-of-season sale discounts when we are only just coming into a season, so I got this coat for an absolute steal (and it is still available on Revolve if anyone else is interested!) 

Long coats such as the one I am wearing in this outfit post are SO versatile, and you really can team them with a range of different outfits. I've worn this one in so many different ways already - over an LBD for a friend's hens night, with boyfriend jeans and a relaxed tee for a relaxed yet street-ready look,  even over track pants with a stripe knit (I can tell you, trackies have never looked so damn good!)
The beauty of a long coat is that they have this instant chic-appeal that really lifts any outfit, as is evident by my track pants comment above! If its something you've never considered purchasing, I would definitely add one to your "to buy" list.

I'm also currently loving un-hemmed jeans. This is a trend you will see slowly making its way across the fashion world, and I for one am definitely a fan. Whether a mom jean, a skinny or a boyfriend style, a frayed hem instantly adds street cred to pair of jeans. Teamed with this season's must-have shoe, the white sneaker, you really will be right on the money for the current "it" look.

Below I've picked nine more jackets and coats I absolutely love, and the best part is that they're ALL currently available on sale on Revolve!


 Relaxed South Hamptons: 

Furry, Warm & Cosy:

Effortless Cool: