Tuesday 25 February 2014

Bronzed

http://www.thelovelythrills.com/2014/02/bronzed.html





Wearing: Bec & Bridge 'Athenias Knit Tee' in bronze (via Maximillia Boutique), One Teaspoon 'Bonitas' denim shorts, Valentino 'Rockstud' caged flats, PeepToe bag (via Sydney warehouse sale), Michael Kors watch

I consider this look to be a quintessential expression of my personal style. It has the beautiful feminine elements I adore, along with the distresses tomboy aspect I seem constantly drawn to. It's also the first outfit post I've published in nearly a year that hasn't been at my typical Balmoral Boardwalk location - I've reached a point where I feel the need to explore some new options, which I hope will be well received!

This look was also subconsciously inspired by Sydney blogging duo, Tash Sefton and Elle Ferguson of They All Hate Us. These women are the absolute Australian queens of denim; no one can do it quite like them! One Teaspoon is easily one of their most-featured denim labels, and the O.T team are pioneers in creating new and exciting styles of denim shorts and jeans with a focus on rebellious, sexy, rock 'n' roll styling. 
Tash and Elle's wardrobes are also covetable due to their love of European designer accessories - including such styles as these Valentino 'Rockstud' caged flats. A total splurge but also totally worth every cent! Super versatile; they can easily be dressed up or down and are always sure to attract compliments.

Teaming the rebellious, tomboy elements of this look with a metallic sheer tee ads the feminine, alluring element I try to portray in all my outfits. This Bec & Bridge top, like all their pieces, is absolutely stunning and something I knew my wardrobe was crying out for. Maximillia Boutique's 30% off sale over Christmas was all the added incentive I needed. A Bardot bustier bra worn underneath is the perfect accompaniment; subtly tying in with the black hues of the accessories and continuing the feminine yet edgy overall look.