Monday 10 March 2014

Paisley

http://www.thelovelythrills.com/2014/03/paisley.html







Wearing: Bluejuice 'Istanbul' playsuit, Windsor Smith 'Mara' patent heels, Lack of Color 'Midnight Muse' fedora, Céline 'Trapeze Tri-colour' bag, Michael Kors 'Lexington' watch

Playsuits. The ultimate in easy, relaxed dressing. There's a style and a shape to suit whatever your mood, where ever you're going, and whatever your style. 

The Istanbul Playsuit by Bluejuice is one of my current favourites. It doesn't get much more relaxed than this; a flowy easy-wear shape lightly synched at the waist with a drawstring (easily accentuated with a thin waisted belt). The  beautiful paisley print adds to the simple summer style, and creates a piece easily dressed up or down.

Another newbie I find it hard to stop raving about - my recently-acquired Céline Trapeze. Three words: To. Die. For. I never knew the true meaning of buttery soft leather until I held this bag for the first time, and I doubt I will find another I love quite as much! The tri-colour version is perfect for me; I've never been satisfied with plain black or white. I also love the combination of textures; the blue suede flap is a beautiful contrast to the leather. What more can I say? I'm totally smitten. 

The look is held together with basic, simple black accessories; pulling the colour from the bag and repeating it throughout the outfit. This keeps the bag and the playsuit print the heroes, and like the perfect pieces they are although they're both eye-catching they don't fight for attention. Is calling it a 'match made in heaven' too corny? Oh well; I'm saying it anyway!